Introduction About Us
A commercial photographer from Adelaide, South Australia has found a unique and powerful way to raise funds and awareness for victims of war in Ukraine.
Using photo editing software, Drew Lenman has transformed images of Adelaide into a landscape of war and destruction in a project titled “Imagine Our City”.
In a bid to evoke empathy and compassion for victims of Putin’s war in Ukraine, the imagery comprises two high resolution ‘before and after’ photographs in registration which have been edited into a graphic video.
“The intention is to raise awareness in Australia, particularly Adelaide, of what the refugees and civilians of Ukraine are going through whilst we are comparatively safe,” Drew said.
Russian President Vladimir Putin’s invasion of Ukraine in February has resulted in Europe’s fastest-growing refugee crisis since World War II. More than 7.7 million Ukrainians have fled the country and two thirds of Ukraine’s children are now displaced.
Drew has an aim to raise at least $50,000 for the official Ukraine Crisis Appeal (partnered with Rotary Australia), which has an overall goal of raising $10,000,000. He is appealing to you, his fellow Australian, to dig deep and support those whose lives have been thrown into turmoil.
- Drew Lenman (Project lead, Photography, Digital post production)
- John Swainston (Voiceover)
- Soularflair (Music)
- Tess Maystone (Social media specialist)
- Jennie Lenman (Publicist)
- Steve Davis, Talked About Marketing (Website, Marketing)
- Tim Rutter (Website, Coding)
- Sam Winston / The Smudge Club (Additional Artwork)
- Black and White Photographics (Mural Production)
- The Frame Connection (Mural Mounting)
- Black Sheep Advertising (Access to images of Ukraine)
- Sofitel Adelaide, Accor Hotels (Venue for Media launch)